Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hari "hump" Saya!‏

well...wow. I'm halfway thru, and thats all I'm gonna say about that.

So this week has been a bit interesting, a bit frustrating, a bit rewarding, a bit of everything I guess. We'll start with the frustrating...so I told you last week that I was REALLY looking forward to our appointment with a family that was REALLY interested in learning about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. And it was AWESOME appointment, with the guy begging to tell us about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, and telling us why we need prophets on the earth today, and why another book testifying of Christ would help back up the Bible. However..we found out that they live in Tangerang...a suburb of Jakarta, where there are other missionaries. So...yes. I had to reluctantly give them away as investigators. Your welcome, tangerang elders.

The next day, I made an appt. with another lady that I'd talked to, and she was SOO excited to have us come over to her house (i think this one was a bit more focused on having a bule over..but I'll start wherever I can), but then when sister siman was getting directions to her house, we found out that it's in Bogor...another suburb of Jakarta where there are other elders. So ?I had to give that one away too. THEN we went to the mall the next day, and I contacted some guy who was a missionary from his church as well, but wanted to hear what we were teaching...but his family lived somewhere NOT in Jakarta, so I had to give HIM away to the elders in Jakarta, and when I talked to the elder that night, he said this guy was totally amazing, and had been questioning what he was teaching to people, and what the elders taught him made so much more sense, and and he was going to read the BofM and pray about Joseph Smith, but he thought he already had his answer. So ya...there's another strike. Not to mention that Sis Siman had 2 great contacts that day too who were both interested in knowing about the church, but BOTH of them lived in Bekasi...yes, ANOTHER suburb of Jakarta that has its own elders. So life has been great the last week. I 'm rewarded cuz all these people really do wanna learn, but I'm frustrated cuz I can't teach them myself! But, as elder Silalahi told me this week.."don't give up, just keep talking to people." So I"ll try.l..but that's also been hard cuz the times that we have time set aside to proselyte, sis siman has been sick. So I'm trying to be patient, but i REALLY wanna get out and find new people! but all in good time...

We have one new investigator...who is english speaking (haha, I have the knack for finding people who speak english), and altho we've met several times, the only thing that's happened is her telling us her problems about her possibly ex boyfriend...she says all she wants in life is to be happy, and so I've been trying to teach her the Plan of HAppiness, but thats hard when she's no tin a state to learn about stuff like that. So what Sis siman and I think is the best thing is to watch "Charly" with her...so she can see what the Gospel can do for relationships...ti can make them ETERNAL. WE don't have time this week to meet, but we're hoping early next week we'll be able to watch that, and then she'll be more open to learning about new things.

Saturday night we had a going away party for President Marchant with the English Branch, so we went with Raz to try and meet new people in the branch, and get more involved in that way. She's going to Australia at the end of the month, so yesterday we looked up the church closest to her, and also all the temples in Australia. So that was fun.l She really likes out church, and I can't wait to starting talking to her about temples and eternal families there...I think if she gains a testimony of that, she can help her boyfriend in Australia get more interested and they can work to become members together! That'd be sweet.

Alright...so that's basically it for this week, not too many exciting things, except that tomorrow is zone conference and then after that I"M PLAYING BASKETBALL!! haha, elder siregar, my bbal bud out here, is going home next week, so we're getting in our last game before then...and after that, I dunno whos gonna be my competition. There's not much competition out here. Hopefully I'll find someone. oh well.

I love this Gospel, and I love sharing ti with people! there is certainly nothing like seeing the lights go on in someone's head when they FINALLY get what you're trying to help them understand...it's amazing to see the change that happens in their lives when they finally understand and apply what they know...sometimes they don't get too far, but even the little that they got to is enough to help me know that when I'm doing is right, and keep moving forward. This morning I found a new scripture that is awesome...1 peter 2:21, about Christ and how we nee dot follow the example that he already set for us. It's true, and we all need to work a little harder to be a little better. Thanks for everything, loves

Sister Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment