Wednesday, February 3, 2010

almost 5 months out...crazy!‏

Well, another week. I wish I had a lot of good news, but this is week has been a bit of bummer week, and we haven’t been too busy with anybody except Indri. We’ve tried going to her house 3 times in the last week (which is FAR away, so we don’t make any other appointments), and 2 of the times she cancelled…while we were waiting to meet her. So 2 of the days we just went and proselyted, but the 3rd day was just a bit weird… we went with her, but then she didn’t have the keys, so we waited for a friend, but the friend never came…so we basically wasted a whole day there. But, the one good thing is that our contact list has gotten a ton bigger! So hopefully we’ll be able to make some good appointments for next week. That’s my hope! However…we still hafta go to Indri’s house, so we’ll be doing that on Friday. Yup…another day of traveling. Hopefully this time it works out. However, since we haven’t seen her living conditions/situation, she can’t be baptized until after that, so we had to postpone her baptism until next week… again. She asked Elder Millecam to baptize her, tho, and I think he was pretty relieved to hear that he had another week to try to memorize the prayer in Indonesian… haha, he’s pretty worried about messing up on it, but I’m sure he’ll do great!
SOOO…I did get some big news this week. I finally figured out why Sis and I are still here in Jakarta together…pres told me after district meeting last Friday that all four of us that came together will be going to Singapore sometime mid-late February because of some sort of problem with out visas. He said we could be there 5-7 days. Can you believe that? I was REALLY excited at first (I get to go to ANOTHER Asian country to experience things there!), but now I’m just bummed. Just watch…at that point, we’ll have investigators, and I won’t be able to teach Chern or Cherie. AND we could be gone when they’re having the zone trip to Taman Safari! Where, in case you’re wondering why this is so awful, I would get to ride an elephant! It’s like the funnest place! Everyone tells me that I HAVE to go there, and I’ll love getting to hold all the different animals and (tear) ride an elephant! I’m a total baby about this, I know, but I REALLY AWANNA GO! Then, if we hafta go later in the month, we might miss Elder Nelson coming! So…seriously. January has almost NOTHING in it, and neither does March, but February is full of stuff that we’ll prob hafta miss! Sadness… but I’m expecting to get moved after that to one of the other areas. So I’m kinda excited to get ready for that :)
Well…I really don’t have much else to say. We have zone conference tomorrow, so that should be fun. I haven’t taught Chern or Cherie since they got home, but I have an appointment with Chern, and hopefully I’ll have one with Cherie by tonight. We gotta follow up and see how both their trips were, and just keep on teaching. I have a lot of ideas go thru my mind about what to teach them each to help them gain a better testimony of the church, and hopefully that’ll help. I’m so grateful for this opportunity to share the gospel with the people of Indonesia! It’s certainly not easy, but I am grateful for it. For anyone willing to listen, I will tell them of my firm belief and knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, I know God loves me, and this church is Christ’s church…there is no other way that we can return to God than through this Gospel. Everyone will find that out at one time or another, whether in this life or the next. I’m grateful to be a soldier in His army, and pray everyday that I help His work move forward. I love you all so much, and pray for you everyday! Thanks for all the support and love and prayers for me from you…I know that’s what keeps me moving forward (and especially opening my mouth to find people!) everyday day here in Indonesia. Loves!
~Sister Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment